The Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have suspended their nationwide strike over the attack on the NLC President, Joe Ajaero, in Imo State.
The unions made this known after the joint National Executive Council (NEC) meeting on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
The NLC and TUC said the strike was suspended after the intervention of the Federal Government through the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).
They, however, stated that discussions on their demands would continue.
Speaking with journalists in Abuja, the TUC Vice President, Tommy Etim, said: “The NEC of the NLC and the TUC have suspended the strike.
“We did this based on our trust for the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, who gave us his words.”
The labour leaders, on Wednesday afternoon, met with Ribadu alongside the Minister of Labour and Employment, Simon Lalong, in Abuja.
The ONSA had earlier noted that it had commenced an investigation into the attack on Ajaero in Imo State.
It added that some suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident, saying it was concerned about the decision of the organised labour to go on strike with massive implications on the citizens.